Friday, August 11, 2017

Zip Zip Hooray!

Zip a dee do dah, zip a dee ay, my old my what a beautiful day, when you go zip lining all the long day, zip a dee do dah, zip a dee ay.

Well I hope by now, that you have realized that this blog is about us going zip lining at the Metro Richmond Zoo in Virginia.  I did not zip line yet, myself, but plan to later on in the future.

A couple weeks ago Misty took Ethan, Courtney, Tia, and Ian to the Treetop Zoofari located at the Metro Richmond Zoo where they did the Treetop Zoofari course which has 44 challenges and 15 zip lines, which total over 3000 feet of zip lines.  It takes 2 to 3 hours to complete this course.
Ian, Tia, Misty, Courtney, and Ethan at the Treetop Zoofari zip line staging area.
Then yesterday Misty and I took Avery and Chloe to the Junior Explorer course which has 22 challenges and 2 zip lines and takes 60 to 90 minutes to complete.
Avery, Chloe, and Misty at the Treetop Zoofari zip line staging area.
Cami and I were there so we could lend moral support.  Misty and I plan on going back to do the Treetop Zoofari course next week sometime.
Dad and Cami giving them moral support at the Treetop Zoofari.
The adult course is $50.00 per person while the kids course is $25.00 per person.  Even though I feel that it costs too much for both, I guess the adult course is worth it since you do get to zip line 15 times and they are pretty high and scary.  

The kids course though is too short in my opinion and should have half the zip lines the adult course has, since it is half the price of the adult course.

All in all though, the kids had fun and I guess that is what really matters and that you can not put a price on that.

Below is a little video of everyone, except me, going down at least one zip line.
Here is the YouTube link for the above video in case it will not play here.

So that was a day of zip lining for most of the family.

I actually did not get to zip line later on due to my schedule and other reasons, but will soon one day.

God bless and may He keep your and yours safe!

Thanks!
Don, Misty, and Kids.......
Twenty five states visited so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment